Collins Blaise Onyejekwe was born in Lagos on 7 November,1997 . He grew in the Lagos daily “MUST STAY WOKE” life, and was raised in the family of 3 by a single mom who passed on the 10th of December 2006.
Collins is a Content Creator currently working on obtaining a degree in Business Administration.
His professional career as a model began 2016 as he was the 1st runner up for EMLN (Elite Model Look Nigeria) 2016 which was & is one of the most prestigious modeling competitions in Africa.
The aspiring entrepreneur & movie character who is a fashion model with Boss Models Cape Town & D’management Group Milan strongly believe the millennials are the change the world has been waiting for if only the industry will come together to support & respect pure talents irrespective of diversity.
YPM had a chance to have a Q & A with the one and only Collins Blaise Onyejekwe :
1. Why did you decide to choose modeling as a career?
- I’ve always loved fashion but I didn’t decide to choose modeling as a career, I was scouted randomly in Lagos & was advised to participate in a competition so I did & became the 1st runner up for EMLN (Elite Model Look Nigeria) 2016 and that’s was how it all began.
2. What according to you is a favourite part of being a fashion?
- One of my favorite things about fashion is the fact that it allows you to be yourself.
3. What inspires your poses?
- The outfit does cause I believe every piece made by any designer has a rhythm to it so all I do basically is try & connect with the cloth.
4. Define fashion?
- Fashion is a distinctive and often constant trend in the style in which people present themselves.
5.How would you describe your personal style?
- I’ll say my style is simple, simplicity is the key!
6. What skills according to you are necessary for a successful model?
- There is no special skills to being successful in life, you just have to work hard & pray.
7.Describe your brand and what sets you apart from other models?
- My brand as a fashion model is fairly young and emerging but yet the very fact that nobody else can be me sets me apart from everyone.
8. What are your greatest strengths and weaknesses?
- My greatest strength is Truth. Zero weaknesses Lol!
9. Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?
- Let’s wait until then we will find out Lol
10. Who would you like to work with?
- Virgil Abloh, Alessandro Michele, Donatella Versece, Nadège Vanhee-Cybulsk to name a few. I just want to work in a creative circle!